- A valid Georgia Educator Certificate in assigned teaching field as required by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- Must have Head Coach or Coordinator experience
- Must have been a part of successful programs at either the high school or college level
- Must have history of exemplary teaching accolades and demonstrated leadership in school culture
- Must have experience working with booster clubs, financial management, solid organizational skills and community relations
- Must have experience organizing a developmental program
- Provide instruction; encourage and assess student achievement and progress; and manage the learning environment effectively.
- Provide leadership and direction for a vibrant, well established football program.
For further details on the coaching position, please contact Athletic Director, Mr. Andre Regan at North Atlanta High School directly
All interested candidates must do both below:
Responsible for leading the development and implementation of program functions and activities in accordance with applicable rules and regulations related to the sport.
- Teach the desirable traits of character such as persistence, desire to win, teamwork, and cooperation.
- Promote interest, skills, and lifelong participation in various physical activities
- Teach knowledge and understanding of athletics and of the fundamentals, rules, and strategies of sports.
- Assist in organizing and administering the athletic program so that it is closely integrated and thoroughly coordinated with the general purposes of education.
- Maintain inventory and ensure proper care, maintenance, and storage of all athletic equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that all athletes have parental permission, insurance coverage, and medical examinations.
- Arrange for transportation of injured students to emergency treatment facilities.
- Approve all recommendations for athletic awards.
- Teach the values of self-discipline, sound physical condition, healthy life style, and cooperation.
- Provide an opportunity for competition on an equal basis for all students.
- Supervise the locker rooms before, during, and after practice sessions.
- Emphasize safety in teaching techniques and elements of play and thoroughly educate the players in the rules of the game.
- Maintain harmonious relationship with all district employees.
- Ensure transportation arrangements to all athletic events, according to county procedures.
- Responsibility to fully and appropriately manage coaching staff.
- Responsibility to verify that all players are eligible to participate per APS and GHSA requirements (initial, transfer, and academically, physically, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. Employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, and/or reach. Employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.